Top 10 similar words or synonyms for hammoon

tixover    0.837465

llandevaud    0.833878

marldon    0.831467

buckerell    0.827168

halloughton    0.825517

halstock    0.823291

farnsfield    0.820575

gosbeck    0.820259

shangton    0.819953

bossington    0.819481

Top 30 analogous words or synonyms for hammoon

Article Example
Hammoon Hammoon parish covers an area of at an altitude of about . The highest land is on Kimmeridge clay in the south.
Hammoon Hammoon House was built in the 1890s for use as a hunting lodge by the 2nd Viscount Portman of nearby Bryanston. It is an early example of the use of shuttered concrete as a building material, though the exterior was finished to give an appearance of stone. It is now a private residence.
Hammoon Near St. Paul's is the thatched and mullioned manor house, which dates from the 16th century and which Sir Frederick Treves described in 1906 as "the most picturesque of its kind". It has an L-shaped plan and has had several changes since first construction, including the addition of a classical porch around 1600. According to Pevsner the building overall has "an air [...] of simple innocence under its thatched roof". It is listed by English Heritage as Grade II*.
Hammoon Beside the Stour at Hammoon Bridge is an ox-bow lake; it is upstream of the bridge, on the south side of the river. Next to the bridge there is also a gauging station that measures the river flow. It opened in 1968 and is operated by the Environment Agency. The river level typically varies between . The highest recorded level is , which occurred on 24 December 2013.
Hammoon Hammoon is a small village and civil parish in North Dorset, England, sited on a river terrace of alluvial silt by the River Stour, about east of the small town of Sturminster Newton. Its name is derived from the Old English "ham", meaning dwelling, and the surname of the Norman lord of the manor ('de Moion' or 'Mohun'). In 2001 the parish had 19 households and a population of 49. In 2013 the estimated population of the parish was 40.
Hammoon The Church of England parish church of St Paul dates probably from the late 12th or early 13th century, though only the north wall of the nave is original. The first building was likely only about wide, and in the mid 13th century the chancel and south wall of the nave were rebuilt to a slightly larger floorplan; the nave's north wall should also have been rebuilt at this time, but the work was not completed. New windows were installed in the north wall in the 15th century. The nave's west wall was rebuilt in 1885, extending the building westwards. The parish was the first incumbency of the academic and clergyman Humphrey Gower (1638–1711), who later went on to become Master of Jesus College, Cambridge and then St. John's College, Cambridge.
Hammoon In 1086 in the Domesday Book Hammoon was recorded as "Hame"; it had 15 households, 4 ploughlands and of meadow. It was in the hundred of Newton and the tenant-in-chief was William of Mohun.
Hammoon The old open fields of the parish were enclosed before 1771.
William de Moyon He acquired sixty-eight manors in the west of England, one each in Devon, Wiltshire, eleven in Dorset, one of them Ham, which was inherited by his descendants, it was called Ham-Mohun, or Hammoon, and fifty-five in Somerset.
Humphrey Gower He was the son of Stanley Gower, successively rector of Brampton Bryan, Herefordshire, and of Holy Trinity, Dorchester, and a member of the Westminster Assembly in 1643. Humphrey Gower was born at Brampton Bryan in 1638 and educated at St Paul's School and at Dorchester, and St. John's College, Cambridge, where he graduated B.A. in 1658, was elected to a fellowship on 23 March 1659, and proceeded M.A. in 1662. Having taken holy orders, he was successively incumbent of Hammoon, Dorset, to which living he was presented in April 1663, of Packlesham (1667–1675), of Newton in the Isle of Ely (1675–1677), and of Fen Ditton, to which he was collated on 4 July 1677.