Top 10 similar words or synonyms for tymawr

dawdon    0.657814

bodringallt    0.629038

pontnewynydd    0.628374

kellingley    0.626326

bersham    0.624967

maerdy    0.621185

hindlow    0.616376

blaencwm    0.615762

nantyglo    0.612460

pentrebach    0.612264

Top 30 analogous words or synonyms for tymawr

Article Example
Great Western Mine The Great Western Colliery continued producing coal for many years after disaster, but with further fatalities. The Hetty shaft was closed in 1926, but remained as an upcast shaft for the Tymawr Colliery. The No. 2 and No. 3 shafts, together with the old Tymawr shaft, were closed the same year and a new Tymawr Pit was opened up.
Ernest Evans (politician) Evans died at his home, Traethgwyn, Ffordd Tymawr, Deganwy, Caernarfonshire on 18 January 1965, aged 79.
Great Western Mine In 1928 the colliery came under the ownership of the Powell Dyffryn Coal Company and remained so until the mines were nationalised in 1947. In 1958 the "Lewis Merthyr Colliery", a mile or two northwest of the former Great Western Collieries amalgamated with the Great Western and joined underground. At this time coal production stopped at the former and materials stopped going down at Tymawr. In 1969 combined collieries were officially named the "Tymawr and Lewis Merthyr Colliery". The last coal was raised at the Tymawr colliery on 21 June 1983 and the colliery was demolished soon after.
Great Western Mine The Inspector of Mines list for 1896 recorded a total of 475 men working at the Great Western No. 2 pit and 604 men at Tymawr. By 1918 there were 3,162 men employed at the Great Western.
David Davies (dairyman) Like many of his contemporaries he left the Teifi Valley to work in the city as a deliverer of milk. His business was very successful, and he became the first leader of the London Retail Dairymen's Association. In 1897, he married Mary Ann, daughter of Abraham Edwards, Tymawr, Eglwysfach. The couple had one son and three daughters.
Great Western Mine By 1923, Hetty No. 2 employed 683 men, working the Nine Feet and Red seams. Hetty No. 3 worked the Fforest Fach seam with 324 men. There were 1,143 men working at Tymawr, producing from the Five Feet, Four Feet, Lower Four Feet and Nine Feet seams.
Society of the Sacred Cross The Society of the Sacred Cross is an Anglican religious order founded in Chichester, Sussex, in 1910. It established a community at Tymawr, Lydart, Monmouthshire, in 1923 with guidance from Fr G. Northcott of the Community of the Resurrection. The society today consists of less than ten professed sisters, with several oblates and associates.
Aelfrida Tillyard In 1934 she moved to Oxford to live an anchoritic life in a small house attached to the Convent of St Thomas the Martyr but a serious physical and mental breakdown in 1936 forced her to move to the protective environment afforded by the Society of the Sacred Cross at Tymawr Convent near Monmouth. She remained there as resident tertiary until asked to leave in 1946. From 1946 to 1953 she lived a semi-reclusive and prayerful but troubled life in 2 clergy houses in Cambridgeshire, effected a degree of rapprochement with her surviving daughter, and enjoyed a close relationship with her elder brother.