Top 10 similar words or synonyms for tylorstown

ynyshir    0.886604

ystradgynlais    0.873230

treorchy    0.868196

bargoed    0.860097

trimsaran    0.858590

ystalyfera    0.856567

beddau    0.855474

llanhilleth    0.852706

ynysybwl    0.852324

skewen    0.851668

Top 30 analogous words or synonyms for tylorstown

Article Example
Tylorstown Tylorstown was founded by Alfred Tylor who set up an early coal mining operation in the location in the mid-19th century. The last working mine in the village closed in the 1960s setting off a long period of economic decline which worsened following the 1984–85 national miners' strike which resulted in pits in nearby locations such as Maerdy closing. The local passenger train line closed in 1964 following the Beeching Axe which also limited the prospects of easy commuting to Cardiff.
Tylorstown In December 2006, the Rhondda by-pass, also known as the Porth relief road, opened. It terminates at neighbouring Pontygwaith due to the topography of the Rhondda Fach, which is a narrow valley with steep sides and limited flat land on the valley floor. The new road cost £98 million, included the construction or replacement of 11 bridges, including the Rheola Bridge. An engineering success, the road has done much to reduce traffic congestion and local economic prospects.
Tylorstown The village was also home to world boxing champion Jimmy Wilde, the "ghost with a hammer in his hand".
Tylorstown Some scenes for the Sky TV comedy "Stella" were filmed in Tylorstown, and an aerial view of the village appears in the title sequence.
Tylorstown The cemetery, situated half way up the hill to Penrhys features a chapel built in 1884 by W.H. Jenkins and T.R. Phillips.
Tylorstown Tylorstown () is a village and community located in the Rhondda valley, in the county borough of Rhondda Cynon Taf, Wales. It is neighboured by the villages of Blaenllechau, Ferndale, Penrhys, Pontygwaith and Stanleytown.
Tylorstown The Holy Trinity Church, situated on a mound above the main road was built in 1882-3 by E.M. Bruce Vaughan. It features a five-light plate traceried west window and a stained glass window of Christ in Majesty made by monks of Prinknash Abbey in around 1980. There is a monument to Reverend John Rees who died in 1913. The Welfare Hall was built from red brick and stone in the French Baroque style in 1933. There is also a Conservative Club.
Tylorstown Tylorstown has a rugby union team called Tylorstown Tigers. The club produced a British and Irish Lions rugby union player John Bevan who toured New Zealand in 1971 with the only Lions side to win a series in that country. The club also has a very successful women's side the Tigresses who won the Welsh national women's cup in season 2005 to 2006 and were runners up in the national league. The women's side has provided many internationals to the Wales women's team. The club has also supplied an international and first class rugby coach in Lyn Howells.
Tylorstown RFC Tylorstown Rugby Football Club is a rugby union team from the village of Tylorstown, Wales. The club is a member of the Welsh Rugby Union and is a feeder club for the Cardiff Blues.
Tylorstown RFC It is believed that rugby was played in Tylorstown from 1895, but it was not until 1903 that the club played under the name Tylorstown RFC. The first written publication of Tylorstown RFC playing was a match report in the Western Mail on 27 February 1905, in which the team played and lost against local Rhondda team, Llwynypia. Tylostown RFC applied for and gained membership of the Welsh Rugby Union in 1937. The club has disbanded twice in their history, during both World Wars.