Top 10 similar words or synonyms for ramsholt

gosbeck    0.832963

bossington    0.832663

didlington    0.817014

edingale    0.815667

hammoon    0.813763

tixover    0.813571

bucklesham    0.810897

epwell    0.809281

friskney    0.809038

cornriggs    0.808711

Top 30 analogous words or synonyms for ramsholt

Article Example
Ramsholt Ramsholt is a small village in Suffolk, England. It is situated on the northern shore of the River Deben.
Ramsholt The parish church of All Saints is one of 38 existing round-tower churches in Suffolk and is a grade II* listed building. It is in the civil parish of Shottisham.
Ramsholt The village economy revolves around the pub next to the river dock.
Shottisham Shottisham is a village and civil parish in the Suffolk Coastal District, in the county of Suffolk. It lies in the Wilford Hundred, about four and a half miles south-east of Woodbridge, between the parishes of Sutton, Alderton, Ramsholt and Hollesley, in the Bawdsey peninsula. About three miles from the coast at Hollesley Bay and Shingle Street, the village street overlooks a slight hollow of meads and copses at the road crossing of Shottisham Creek, a tributary brook of the river Deben.
William Clarke (priest) Clarke was born at East Bergholt, in Suffolk, the eldest child of William Clarke, schoolmaster, and his wife Sarah, "née" Branwhite. He received his early education at Dedham grammar school, and in 1817 entered Jesus College, Cambridge. In 1819 entered a poem for the Chancellor's Gold Medal; this was awarded to Macaulay, but Clarke's poem "Pompeii", published in the same year, was judged second. He took his B.A. degree in 1821, and obtained his M.A. degree, in 1824. In 1821 he was appointed curate of Ramsholt in Suffolk, and he acted in his clerical capacity in other places until 1839. He was also master of the Free School of East Bergholt for about 18 months in 1830-1. Having become interested in geology through the teachings of Sedgwick, he utilized his opportunities and gathered many interesting facts on the geology of East Anglia which were embodied in a paper "On the Geological Structure and Phenomena of Suffolk" (Trans. Geol. Soc. 1837). He also communicated a series of papers on the geology of S.E. to the Magazine of Nat. Hist. (1837-1838). This text has some information that has been copied from this website http://adb.anu.edu.au/biography/clarke-william-branwhite-3228
Alderton, Suffolk The area around Alderton was once a stronghold of Catholicism and within the grounds of Alderton Hall stands an ecclesiastical building, possibly a chapel or refectory dating back to the 12th century and believed to be part of a group of buildings built by the Augustine monks who controlled much of the land on the Bawdsey Peninsula at that period. Alderton Hall boasts both a priest’s hole (a hiding place created for dissident catholic priests during the purge which followed the Reformation and a secret passage leading to the neighbouring church of St. Andrew’s. The passage was known to be haunted and so fearful were the local inhabitants that the Bishop was called in to exorcise the ghost. Whether the passageway was used by the monks as a route to the church or as hiding place for Catholic sympathizers at the time of the Reformation has yet to be discovered, but with the coast just fifteen minutes walk away and Alderton’s close proximity to the Deben Estuary at Ramsholt, this area has long been a popular landing point for Suffolk smugglers. The poet Giles Fletcher was rector of St. Andrew's from 1619 until his death in 1623.