Top 10 similar words or synonyms for pathhead

allanton    0.858701

crosshill    0.857335

kirkliston    0.849954

laurieston    0.849128

kirkton    0.848590

lochwinnoch    0.845250

peterculter    0.844582

craigton    0.843357

banchory    0.840549

newcastleton    0.839823

Top 30 analogous words or synonyms for pathhead

Article Example
Pathhead Ecclesiastical life focuses on Pathhead Parish Church, a Dysart extension and in addition to the many extant churches, the village once hosted the now demolished Pathhead West, Millie Street Free Church, United Reform and the stately Loughborough Road Main Church.
Pathhead "Whatever time it may have begun to appear as a town, we know from good authority that in 1666 there were eighty houses in it. The estate had passed through a number of hands; but, notwithstanding, the feuers had evidently been increasing in numbers. In that year, John Watson, sen., went to law with the feuers for the purpose of depriving them of their privilege of taking stones and clay, fail and divet, from the whole muir of Dunnikier, which they had enjoyed since the year 1608."
Pathhead Pathhead () is an area of Kirkcaldy, in Fife, Scotland. Pathhead was an independent village before it was incorporated into the Royal burgh of Kirkcaldy.
Pathhead The town houses the historic Ravenscraig Castle commissioned by James II in 1460; many of the former premises of the Nairn's Linoleum Factories; and, the Manse in which both O. Douglas and John Buchan grew up. Historically, the village was a centre for nailmaking, Adam Smith's "very trifling manufacture" inspiring his division of labour principle from "An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations" (1776). It looks out over the neglected Pathhead Sands, and industry today is centred on Hutchison's Flour Mill and the Forbo-Nairn Plant.
Pathhead The historic centre of Pathhead is a trio of streets running parallel with the coast, Nether Street, Mid Street and what used to be Back Street, now Commercial Street. Water was supplied from wells at either end of Mid Street and vibrant commerce was centred on the Pathhead and Sinclairtown Reform Co-operative Society of present-day Branning Court, which was established in 1914.
Pathhead In Jan Blaeu's map of Scotland from the 17th century reference is made to the village of Peth-heed, present day Pathhead. With the Firth of Forth to the south, Kirkcaldy to the 'west', Dysart to the east, and Gallatown, Sinclairtown and Dunnikier to the north. According to Robert Brodie's "Historical Sketches of Pathhead and Vicinity",
Pathhead, Midlothian To the north of the village is Preston Hall, an 18th-century country house designed by William Adam for the Duchess of Gordon, and later rebuilt by Robert Mitchell for Alexander Callander, whose descendants still occupy the house. On the opposite side of the Tyne Water is Oxenfoord Castle, originally a 16th-century tower house belonging to the MakGill Viscount of Oxfuird, which was greatly extended in a castellated style by Robert Adam, and further modified by William Burn for the Earl of Stair. West of Pathhead is Vogrie Country Park, centred on the 19th-century Vogrie House, by architect Andrew Heiton. The park is extensive and very popular, particularly around the summer months. It also features a 9-hole golf course.
Pathhead, Midlothian At the north west side of the village lies the new Tynewater Primary and Nursery schools, replacing the existing Pathhead Primary and Nursery schools on the south side of the village. Many children also attend St. David's RC Primary School in Dalkeith. Most children go on to attend either St. David's RC High School or Dalkeith High School, both located in Dalkeith.
Pathhead, Midlothian Pathhead village is a conservation area in Midlothian, Scotland.
Pathhead, Midlothian The village has a post office, pub, bakery, cafe, drop in centre and fish and pizza takeaway. There is also a park on the west side of the village which has a full-size football pitch, pavilion building and children's play area. In the newly built primary school (linking local primary schools together) has a 4G astroturf pitch which is located at the north west part of the village. Just off the Main Street there is a Roman Catholic church, St. Mary's.