Top 10 similar words or synonyms for hevingham

guestwick    0.846579

barningham    0.830371

felthorpe    0.829220

prescote    0.826112

grundisburgh    0.826054

skeyton    0.821557

burghill    0.821503

ombersley    0.820701

felmersham    0.819505

milwich    0.818466

Top 30 analogous words or synonyms for hevingham

Article Example
Hevingham Hevingham is a village and civil parish in the Broadland district of the English county of Norfolk. Situated between the A140 road Norwich to Cromer road and the B1149 road Norwich to Holt road. It is north from the city of Norwich and south from the market town of Aylsham.
Hevingham With its red brick 16th century manor house, Park Farm is the former site of a moated bishops' palace. (map) Built in 1250 by Walter de Suffield, Bishop of Norwich and used by subsequent bishops until the ownership of the land was passed to the Crown by Bishop Nix in 1531. Earthworks of the moat can still be seen and many artefacts have been found on the site by the current landowner. Adjacent Hevingham Park, a medieval wood may have been a deer park connected to the palace. There is also a massive bank and ditch marking the parish boundary.
Hevingham A sign of two crossed birch brooms which recalls a staple industry of the village in the past. The idea for the sign was conceived by a Mr. Wymer, one of the last of the brushmakers. The background imagery of the sign fits with the description given by Rev. Francis Blomfield when he wrote about the village in 1750, mentioning that "it lay at the confluence of several small streams". The sign is situated at the corner of the village green on Westgate and the current incarnation was erected in 2009.
Hevingham Amenities in the village include two public houses, "The Fox" and "The Marsham Arms". On 11 July 2010 "The Marsham Arms" suffered a serious fire which resulted in its closure. After restoration the pub re-opened in May 2011, There is also a village hall where various events are held, built in 2000 to replace an older building and opened by Bernard Matthews. The main industries in the village are forestry and farming. Konectbus and Sanders Coaches provide regular bus services linking the village to several destinations including Holt and Norwich. Leisure facilities include a caravan and camping park with opportunities for angling on the sites two lakes.
Hevingham The village name has Old English origins and is translated as homestead of the people of Hefa.
Hevingham There are records of a post medieval windmill or Smock mill which stood in the North east part of the village, (map) to the west of the Cromer road and was sold at auction 'to be dismantled' in 1869.
Hevingham ‘"William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845"’ described Hevingham thus:
Hevingham Other notable historic buildings include – Pound Farm House, built in 1675 on The Street/Halls Corner, The Free School (Old School House) built by John Hall in 1726 on the Cromer Road, Avenue Farm House – built in 1835 and Hevingham Primary School, built in 1875 with a capacity of 100 students (currently 98 enrolled).
Hevingham The village is documented in the Domesday Book where it is recorded as "Heuincham" "where one freeman, a priest, is recorded as holding 40 acres in alms for the King". The village of Rippon or Ripton is noted within Hevingham but this village was deserted during the medieval period. Its exact location is unknown.
Hevingham Archaeological evidence shows that the site of the village has been occupied since the bronze age. But there are much earlier signs of activity, a Mesolithic flint axe-head being the earliest archaeological find recorded, with several neolithic flint axe-heads also being recovered.